Saturday, August 25, 2018 at 06:30 PM · $25.00 USDSt. Therese of Carmel Catholic Church in San Diego, CA
Young Catholic Professionals of San Diego is turning two—and we want you to help us celebrate! Please join us on August 25th for an evening of hors d'oeuvres, local beer and wine, live music, and even a silent auction. You’ll have a chance to meet and mingle with other Catholic professionals, both those just starting out in their careers as well as seasoned veterans, all while having a blast at St. Therese of Carmel Catholic Church in Carmel Valley.
Not only will you have a chance to toast to the success of the first two years of YCP San Diego, but by attending this event you’ll ensure YCP San Diego’s success in year three and beyond.
We can’t wait to see you there—come celebrate with us!
Please note—space is very limited, so buy your tickets now.Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 07:00 PM · 1 rsvpMary, Star of the Sea (La Jolla) in La Jolla, CA
The San Diego chapter of Young Catholic Professionals (YCP) will gather Tuesday, September 11th, at 7 p.m. for its next monthly Executive Speaker Series. The event is FREE and open to all young professionals in their 20s and 30s and is usually attended by people from all industries!
YCP is one of the nation's fastest-growing Catholic organizations with chapters in cities across the country and now finally in San Diego! Join other vibrant, Catholic young professionals at this free monthly event.
To Be Determined
- Free wine, beer and appetizers
- Learn from an experienced CEO!
- Meet young Catholics committed to professional growth
- Be part of this challenging and inspiring community
7:00 p.m. - Networking with free wine, beer, and appetizers
7:35 p.m. - Keynote Presentation: Peter Seidler followed by Q&A
8:30 p.m. - Stick around afterward to meet our speaker & continue networking!
Dress for this event is business professional. We hope to see you there!
We are currently looking for volunteers to help us out the day of! Volunteer positions include greeters, check-in, and beverage servers! Interested in helping out? If so, sign up below or email email@example.com
ABOUT PETER SEIDLER
GENERAL PARTNER OF THE PADRES
* Peter Seidler is the General Partner of the San Diego Padres and the lead investor in the ballclub. Peter and the Padres’ ownership group have made a long-term commitment to San Diego, with a focus on (1) building a perennial championship-caliber team primarily through homegrown players, (2) providing a best-in-class, fan-friendly experience at Petco Park and (3) making a substantial, positive and lasting impact on the greater San Diego community. Seidler currently sits on Major League Baseball’s Ownership Committee and Investment Committee.
* Seidler is a founder and Managing Partner of Seidler Equity Partners ("SEP"), a family-oriented private equity fund that provides capital and management support to growing entrepreneurial companies across the United States and Australia. SEP was established in 1992 and manages equity capital with a market value of approximately $3 billion. SEP has backed proven entrepreneurs with strategic support and equity capital in a variety of industries, including health/fitness, advertising, scuba diving/recreation, printing equipment, children's clothing and automotive products. The firm's philosophy is to apply a long-term and patient-strategic approach in helping entrepreneurs and the companies they have founded and built continue on a path of success, job creation and excellence.
* Peter has formed a “Tuesday Group” that meets weekly to address San Diego’s homeless problem. This coalition of business, political and philanthropic leaders focuses on helping the most vulnerable segments of the homeless population. His efforts to push San Diego to “best practices” on homelessness resulted in recognition as the 2017 San Diego Public Official of the Year by the Building Owners and Managers Association, the 2017 San Diego Nice Guy of the Year, the National Conflict Resolution Center 30th Annual Peacemaker Award (2018) and the 2018 San Diego Chamber of Commerce Award for Regional Collaboration.
* As a cancer survivor (Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma), Peter and his wife, Sheel, focus their philanthropic activities on health and medical matters. They support numerous charities, including the San Diego Chapter of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, The American Cancer Society, The Turning Point Home (a San Diego facility dedicated to treating young women with addiction-related diseases) and various health and wellness initiatives at The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. Seidler is a member of the Board of Trustees and chairs the Student Affairs Committee at The University of San Diego. He also is a member of the Board of Trustees at Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute (SBP), an independent nonprofit medical research organization in La Jolla, CA.
* Seidler earned a Bachelor's degree in commerce from the University of Virginia and a Master of Business Administration from the University of California, Los Angeles.